Monday, October 14, 2013

My long Hiatus from this blog

I have obviously not posted much here for quite a while. Mostly this is because between trying to be a good husband, father, friend, son, sibling, etc, as well as taking care of my emotional/spiritual, physical, etc, needs, and have a somewhat successful career working full time, I have not found much time to write. I also like to vacation a lot and do not much of anything, like sit in the hot tub, a lot. Life is very good but it is always a challenge balancing everything and maintaining the feelings I so greatly value, like peace, freedom, and a general sense of well being. And being an alcoholic, addict and a lot of other things it is vital that I do maintain some sort of balance because the stakes are high if I get far off track.

I had hoped to try to discuss things in a fairly organized manner, kind of like a book. However, one of the reasons I initially decided to start the blog was to avoid feeling like I needed to do things in an organized manner like a book. Since I have not found much time to do the organized thing and have thus not done much of anything, I have decided it is time to treat it more like a blog and just post whatever I come up with when it happens. At some later point I will hopefully more fully organize it, bring it together, and articulate how it is all related.

A spiritual adviser or mentor of mine often says not to let the fact that you do not have the energy/time/ability/etc to do something just right keep you from doing what you can do, however feeble that may be. So in that spirit I will post a few things I have written to others, removing any identifying elements, and then see where things go.